Getting Tired of Spanish Passport Realpassportgenerator? 10 Sources of Inspiration That'll Rekindle Your Love

Brexit travel rules UK tourists need to follow as countries begin to reopen

People travelling to an EU country should check their passport for more than the expiry date following new post-Brexit passport rule© Newcastle Chronicle People travelling to an EU country should check their passport for more than the expiry date following new post-Brexit passport rule

With more than a year of coronavirus pandemic, many people have been unable to fly away due to restrictions. But more countries are beginning to open up.

However, there are a number of rule changes that tourists should know if they are travelling to European countries after Brexit which could cause people to be confused. Some changes could even mean you are thrown out the country and refused access.

There are a number of rules that Brits should follow to ensure that they are up-to-date with the new regulations that they have to follow if they are going to European countries.

READ MORE: Call for law change after quad biker's death in Solihull crash

We have done a run-down of all the rules that you will need to follow in order to ensure your holiday in the coming months goes swiftly.

Brexit rules to enter European countries

Video: What are the travel rules for going to Passport Generator Spain - here's everything you need to know (Birmingham Mail)

What are the travel rules for going to Spain - here's everything you need to know






Click to expand



According to the ABTA, if you have a British passport, you will need to have at least three months left on your passport and your passport must have been issued within the last 10 years.

How much time you need on your passport depends on the country you’re visiting. Check the Foreign Office travel advice for the country you want to travel to – read the entry requirements section. The passport office is currently advising that it may take up to 10 weeks for applications to be processed, so make sure you apply in good time if you do need to renew it.

You will need a UK sticker for your own car when driving in the EU. You can use your UK Blue Badge when travelling in some EU countries, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. Parking concessions vary in each country so it is important you check the details for your destination.

Your pet passport will no longer be valid to travel to the EU or Northern Ireland and you will now need an Animal Health Certificate. Your pet will also need to be microchipped, vaccinated against rabies and dogs will need tapeworm treatment for travelling directly to Finland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway or Malta.

If you wish to take your pet abroad you should speak to your vet at least one month in advance to make sure you have these in place before you are due to travel.


READ MORE BBC Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight shares genius way he thinks of show storylines

WATCH Doorbell camera captures moment earthquake hit the West Midlands

For the latest travel updates, visit our travel page

Stay up to date with the very latest news from your Birmingham or West Midlands street or neighbourhood with our daily Birmingham News Email Updates